LoughTec is dedicated to providing our customers with a high level of support for their day to day business IT needs.
At LoughTec we work hard to be the best we can be, but we also promote well-being in creating a caring and inclusive culture. At LoughTec you will enjoy a healthy work-life balance with:
Fresh fruit throughout the week,
Personal appointment times,
Free car parking,
LoughTec is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and work towards an environment that is based on meritocracy and inclusiveness.
Contact us to find out about our future vacancies.
Main purpose of job: To help determine customer needs; to install, maintain, operate, and configure computer hardware and software both internally and on customer sites; to provide a variety of technical duties as required.
Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base. This includes evaluating customer needs, installing new computers and software, and troubleshooting computer problems. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise, and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the company. They are expected to keep abreast of developments within the IT industry and are involved in the evaluation of relevant new technologies as they become available.
Main duties and responsibilities: (essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Installation and configuration of software on network servers and PCs at customer premises.
It is anticipated that much of this work will involve Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange, Windows, and security solutions, although a variety of other software will also be involved from time to time.
- Installation of desktop, server, network and communications systems at customer premises.
- Provision of technical support, by telephone and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
- The planning, design and project management of new installations.
- The planning, specification and evaluation of technical projects.
- Assistance with the preparation and maintenance of a technical information knowledge base for use by the company and by other authorised external users.
- Maintain all documentation, relating to both internal and external customer projects, up-to-date and accessible internally.
- Troubleshooting of networking and system problems on customer sites, including the documentation of solutions for common problems.
Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practices are considered, agreed and implemented.
Skills and qualities required: (Essential criteria – 3 sections)
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting Remote Desktop Solutions.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting Windows 2012r2, 2016, 2019 Server.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting Exchange Server – 2013, 2016, 2019.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting HYPERV, VMWARE.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting MS 365.
- Experience in computer security systems and knowledge of the products currently available.
- Knowledge and experience in designing complex technical solutions.
- Sound knowledge of networking principles e.g. VLAN setup, Switch configuration.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting security devices e.g. Sonicwall, Cisco, Draytek, Fortigate, Meraki.
Education and Qualifications:
- 3yrs+ experience within the information and computer industry.
- Driving licence, access to a vehicle and insurance that covers business travel.
- A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
- Good communication, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to write clear and concise proposals.
- Strong time management and coordination skills.
Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, staff are also expected to be consistently keeping abreast of new developments, which would impact on his/her areas of responsibility. Personal training concerning the job description will be given as part of the company’s overall development programme.
Does this sound like you?
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Why you should join the LoughTec team:
LoughTec is one of the leading cybersecurity providers in the UK and Ireland, servicing clients
globally across a range of sectors and industries. LoughTec needs people with talent and creativity, who can align their career targets with the cultural values of the LoughTec team:
- Ferocious integrity
- Unflinching courage
- Passionate service
- Collective ingenuity
LoughTec is a company where the right people, with drive, ambition and a hunger to learn and grow can make a real difference and see their efforts rewarded.
What is Sales Development Representative at LoughTec?
As an SDR, you are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities. This role manages outbound prospecting which means you will research and reach out to potential clients.
This will be achieved through a mix of multiple communication channels; from the telephone to social media. We provide a full training programme, proven to lead new starts to success quickly.
SDRs who establish themselves as high performers, representing the core values of LoughTec will have the opportunity to take on new challenges, further developing a career within our sales and customer-facing teams.
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of £20,000 + OTE.
The life of an SDR at LoughTec:
- Establishes and drives top of funnel lead generation for Account Executives in #TeamLoughTec.
- Updates prospect interaction in our telemarketing system.
- Uses social media to reach out and deliver our message.
- Has a thorough understanding of LoughTec’s product suite and services, through continuous, self-generated learning, to articulate the value of our solutions to secure quality meetings. This will be part of your training programme.
- Contributes towards our weekly Sales huddles, to share and celebrate success, as well as learning and growing from challenges.
Do you fit this profile?
- You have a degree qualification in any discipline OR have experience selling in a target-based environment, and have a desire to become great at software sales.
- Communication is key – both verbal and written. You can pick up the phone and have a professional and insightful conversation with someone at any level. This is essential.
- Uncapped earning potential excites and motivates you daily.
- You are IT literate, with previous practical experience using the Microsoft suite of programs.
- You want to win and you find motivation in temporary setbacks.
- You don’t believe in settling – you find ways to overachieve and keep improving.
- You are a lifetime learner and intellectually curious.
- You have the ability and motivation to deliver effectively against set targets under minimal supervision.
- Having a “win as a team” mentality – the team’s success is my success.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to CV@loughtec.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021 at 5.00pm.