LoughTec: 2nd/3rd Line infrastructure Technician
LoughTec is a specialist in the provision of managed IT services to businesses, organisations and public sector bodies throughout GB and ROI.
Operating from an office in Omagh, Co Tyrone, the company offers managed service, security and cloud solutions helping protect, support and mitigate risk for both businesses and individuals.
Currently we partner with some of the biggest names in technology and have a client portfolio from diverse business sectors across over 20 countries.
For more information on the company visit www.loughtec.com
2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Technician
• Installation and configuration of software on network servers and PCs at customer premises.
• Experience of installing, configuring & supporting MS365.
• Experience of installing, configuring & supporting UTM devices e.g. Fortigate, Sonicwall, Cisco, Draytek.
• It is anticipated that much of this work will involve Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange, Windows, and security solutions, although a variety of other software will also be involved from time to time.
• Installation of desktop, server, network and communications systems at customer premises.
• Provision of technical support, by telephone and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
• The planning, design and project management of new installations.
• The planning, specification and evaluation of technical projects.
• Maintain all documentation, relating to both internal and external customer projects, up-to-date and accessible internally.
• Troubleshooting of networking and system problems on customer sites, including the documentation of solutions for common problems.
• Testing and evaluation of new software, particularly on the VMware, HyperV, Ericom and Microsoft platforms.
• Contribute to the overall development of the company’s internal systems and customer base.
• Present and demonstrate solutions to customers as part of the sales process
Whilst the business has grown over the last 11 years, LoughTec has always remained focused on building a team of competent professionals who care about each other, the clients and the work they do.
Good interpersonal skills are important to as – as is the capacity for diligent and effective work. Attention to detail is important to our clients and us and it needs to be important to you too.
A confident telephone manner is important and you will be expected to have good all round communication skills (both written and oral) and a desire to learn.
Our ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic, self-motivated and helpful to others.
– Monday-Friday 9.00-5pm
– dependant on ability and experience